Firstly, big thanks to @hkmorgan1987 for the record cuelist code!
Please find in this link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xs6jZgU6sga3JFQzZvTHg0TWM a macro to be used with MPC Tools which allow you to create automatically Color Playback based on your fixture groups and color preset.
The macro doesn't need to be configured in hard, it will ask you several questions to prepare the run.
The macro needs to know the number of group to be threated.
Then, following the number of groups you have answered, it will request, per group, a name (which will be used as prefix for the cuelist name), and the ID of the group.
Once the group configuration provided, the macro will request you the color preset to be used. Enter the first color preset ID, and then the last color Preset (the macro will parse all color preset from X (first) to X+1 until Y (last)).
The name of color preset will be used as cuelist name, prefixed by the group name like "Group 1 - Preset Name".
The appearance of your color preset will be duplicate on the color cuelist.
At this step, the macro will request you the playback arrangement. 2 choices:
- create color playback column by column. Each column represent a group.
- create colour playback row by row. Each row represent a group.
In the both case, the macro will provide you the grid size layout to be applied (width x height)
Next block of configuration requested is the playbacks position for creation. It will request first the ID of the slot where to start creating playback color, and then it will request you the playback page number.
You are close to have finished the configuration, don't worry =)
Next step is to provide the Cuelist ID where to record the first cuelist to be created. Take a look at your cuelist directory, and take the "first" empty location (take care that the macro doesn't check if the cuelist will override or not existing cuelist).
Then, adjust the timing option for the coming cuelist, macro will request you the cue fade time, and the cuelist release time (time is, like in MPC, in seconds).
You have finished the configuration, congrats!
Before to run, the macro will displayed a complete resume (which is described on the fly of your configuration in MPC Tools log window).
If you agree with your configuration, click "Yes" to continue! (Or no to cancel and abort the macro).
Have fun, don't hesitate to provide feedback about bugs or enhancement, I'm opened =)
Known issue and Workaround:
- Not all cuelist are created, or cuelist doesn't have the right color appearance: fixed in version 1.2
- The cuelist appearance is not duplicate from color preset: Check if your color preset has a color appearance. If there is any, check if your playback page has the cuelist color turned on.
- the Color Playback created doesn't work: check if your color preset for your group is well defined
- does it works if I have a group with more than one fixture type inside? Yes for sure, the macro doesn't change the way of MPC works For example, I always create (for the moment, for busking usage) all color playback for all type of fixture, and then I create the same color playback for the global rig.
- why it takes so long? Fixed in version 1.2
v1.2 - Vertical or Horizontal arrangement can be choose; some small correction to avoid empty cuelist; performance little bit enhanced by splitting the way to work (see the video)
v1.1 - Creation