Sending MIDI to Qlab

I can’t find the answer in existing posts, so i have two questions:

• On M2GO we are running a show with 100+ lighting cues from one cuelist.
    Now we trigger some sound effects that are in a Qlab computer.
    I installed the optional MIDI cart in the M2GO, but it looks like it can not create outgoing MIDI.
    Can somebody confirm that?

• In the other way around, when sending midi signal from Qlab to M2GO it just triggers the next que, not a specific que number. Or is there a solution to do that cue number specific?

But we prefer to trigger from de light board because that is our main cue list.

Thanks for help,

You can only send MSC (MIDI Show Control) messages, from the console

This data will also include Cue #
MSC.pdf (388.6 KB)

An alternative is to use MPCTools to do both:

• Outgoing MIDI from M-PC
    You can use External Macros to trigger LUA scripts in MPCTools. Inside the LUA script you can trigger MIDI outputs. Add an external macro number 1 to your cue and create a ExternalMacro1.lua in the MPCTools Scripts folder. When the external macro in M-PC is triggered, that LUA script will be executed.
    Inside that LUA script you can have the following command:
    MidiSetControl("MyDeviceName", "Button 01", 255)
    You must have connected to a MIDI device which you named “MyDeviceName”. This MIDI device can be a virtual device with QLab is listening to.

• Trigger M-PC cue
    Also using LUA script, you can emulate the input of a sequence of hard keys. To trigger a specific cue, you need 3 steps:

1. Select the target cuelist - SelectCuelist(34) for cuelist number 34
    2. Hit key ‘Cue’ - Key("Cue")
    3. Hit the cue number on the keypad - Key("Num1"); Key("Num2") for cue 12
    4. Hit eneter - Key(“Enter”)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Ricardo Dias

Can you discribe where i can place the MSC message in the light cue? does it work via MIDIMACRO or do i have to type a command like in GMA2?